When designing the interior of a baby nursery, you must design a spacious one instead of occupying too much space for the furniture. Knowing how to organize the room and create more space is essential, especially if you have a small room. Some significant furniture in a baby nursery is the cot, dresser, and diaper changing. But, if you have a smaller room, you must consider using the dresser as an alternative for your diaper table. If you use the dresser as your diaper table, you should initially plan how to secure changing pad to dresser.
Transforming the dresser to two-in-one furniture in your baby’s nursery is also cost-effective when investing in your baby’s room. You can design the dresser and the top surface in the dresser into a diaper table by properly securing the changing pad. As parents, you always want the best to give to your child and ensure their comfort and safety. Hence, being concerned about using your dresser top for a diaper table is natural. But, it would help if you worried less because we will give you the best solution by discussing how to secure changing pad to the dresser.
Do Change Pads Need to be Secured?
Safety should be your priority and the first thing that comes to mind when designing a baby room. Hence, it is critical for changing pads to be secured to ensure the baby’s safety and the mother’s comfort. Because not connecting the changing pads can cause a slip, making it difficult for the mother to change diapers if the baby is not in place.
Different mechanisms are used to secure the changing pads to the dresser, ensuring the safety and comfort of the baby and mother.
Why is It Essential to Secure a Changing Pad to a Dresser?
As previously stated, securing the changing pads to a dresser is vital to ensure safety. It also saves a lot of your time because when the changing pad does not sit, slipping, you will take more time to multitask to keep the baby in place while changing.
Apart from the baby’s safety it also saves the mothers from backpains, because you will not have to bend for too long changing diapers.
What to Consider Before Securing Changing Pad to a Dresser?
Before you transform your dresser top into a diaper table, you need to consider and follow a few tips. The tips stated below will make the process convenient and help you to take the process smoothly.
- Ensure the dresser top is flat and smooth to secure the changing pad.
- The dresser should have a height comfortable for you when changing the diapers. Anything too short or tall can make it complicated when changing diapers. Use a dresser with a 30 – 40 inch height.
- Select a changing pad that fits the top surface of your dresser.
- Use a changing pad with a waterproof surface because it makes cleaning easier. If the changing pad surface is not waterproof, it can get soggy and moldy, and your baby can get in contact with bacteria causing bumps or rashes. Hence, it is also hygienic to use a changing pad with a waterproof surface, making it cozy for your baby.
- Always clean the changing pad and dust it before you keep the baby on it.
How to Secure Changing Pad to Dresser Using Safety Straps?
Safety straps are the most common method to secure the changing pads to the dresser. Changing pads with straps will help keep your baby in place and prevent him from falling. Changing pads with straps is also easy to secure, but if this is your first time, the following steps can help. Hence, below, we have given you a step-by-step guide on securing changing pad to the dresser using safety straps.
- After placing the changing pad on the dresser top, you will need a few screws to secure it using safety straps and stick it to the dresser.
- There are two straps underneath the changing pad; take one belt to the front and the other strap to the back of the dresser to attach them with the screws.
- Take the safety straps with the buckle and pull both the straps flat and buckle it and lay them on the changing pad. You can use the safety straps when you keep the baby to change diapers.
How to Attach a Changing Pad to a Dresser Using Adhesive Strips?
Another method used to secure the changing pad to a dresser is using adhesive strips. Adhesive strips are far more convenient to secure than safety straps and consume less time. You can follow the steps to learn how to attach changing pad to a dresser using an adhesive strip.
- In a changing pad that is secured using safety strips, you must place the changing pad on the dresser top first. It is to ensure and take proper measurements before you secure the changing pad directly.
- After the changing pad is placed with the right measurements, slowly remove the plastic sheet under the changing pad.
- Place the changing pad smoothly on the dresser surface and gently press on the top. Now the changing pad is secured using adhesive strips.
But note that the adhesive strips can harm the dresser’s top surface when removed.
How to Attach a Changing Pad to a Dresser Using Screws?
Though the screw snap button method is not famous as a safety strap to secure the changing pad, it can also do a good job considering the baby’s safety. The screw method is also temporary because you can remove the changing pads anytime and secure them again. To learn how to secure changing pad to dresser using screws, follow the guide below.
- Make a tiny hole on the pre-attached straps of the changing pad. Use one side of the snap button and place it in the hole of the strap.
- Use a drill machine to take the other side of the snap button with the screwed portion and attach it to the top of the dresser.
- Now place the changing pad on the dresser top and secure the snap buttons. The snap buttons will prevent the changing pads from slipping from the dresser.
The article has given different methods with the steps to secure changing pad to dresser. Ensure you read and follow the steps properly for the child’s safety and convenience.
Watch this one,
Video Credits – Poppy Yeng
You May Also Like